Thursday, October 15, 2009

Travel Diary - Day Forty

Day Forty – Keep on Resting
Thursday 08 Oct 09

Definitely in recovery mode today. Didn’t do very much except take a run into town to go to the bank. As per usual it took forever to get some money out – I had to take my passport and another form of ID to a teller who proceeded to fill in masses of paperwork before asking me to sign my life away. From there she went to someone else to get them to sign it, and then yet another person to get their signature. Finally all was in order, but rather than give me my money I had to move down the row to another teller who proceeded to take my visa card, run it through a machine, then give me the paper to sign before finally handing over the cash. For crying out loud. It is no wonder that the Gross Domestic Product of Guyana is so low. They never use one person where the job can be shared by three or four!

Anyway, back home and into recovery mode again. A pretty easy day, but very necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment